To help reduce the risk of infection with EV-D68, healthcare professionals should recommend the following:
• Wash hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds, especially after changing diapers;
• Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands;
• Avoid kissing, hugging, and sharing cups or eating utensils with people who are sick;
• Disinfect frequently touched surfaces, such as toys and doorknobs, especially if someone is sick;
• Stay home when feeling sick, and obtain consultation from your health care provider.